Tuesday 23 February 2010

Re-do and to do!













My website badly needs updating in time for the Bologna international  book fair and our scbwi symposium & showcase there.   Last week while in London, I was all set to get that done.

Then I got Mini Racer back from my publishers with their edits .  I like their cover rough, and font choice and the basic design but still...

I spent a week editing the edits -  in London - on the Channel ferry  - and back home in Senlis.  Finished at 3am on Monday morning.

The problem with digitally submitted images  (although this book was  part gouache...) is that it's so easy to cut and paste.  Easy as text editing. And everyone has their colour preferences.
And you can re-do and re-do...
Enough said.  I'm happier with it now.    Here's a small peek (text is roughed in).


This page was the only one I didn't re-touch:


Fingers crossed Mini Racer (written by Kristy Dempsey) will be out this year or next...I should check the date!

All I've got ready for  Bologna, is my sample for the  Illustrators Display Portfolio on show at the SCBWI stand Hall 26, A 66.
Another glimpse of  Mini Racer  plus some "cat kids" for  Bayard France -  a snippet of my line-free work...

Naughty cats kids  - they managed to slip out of the SCBWI Bologna online gallery!
http://www.scbwibologna.org/displayportfolio/illustrators-gallery.php

1 comment:

John Shelley said...

My big problem with my own digital images is that the printed page never looks the same as my computer screen or home printouts. I've just received the final print of one such job where all the colours are much too strong.

You're a master of the digital brush, I stand in awe!