Tuesday 15 March 2011

Dots and Dogs

Mini Racer- monkey out
Spread from Mini Racer © Bridget Strevens-Marzo
I like dots.
I like dogs (and cats).
I like the way a small kid's finger is drawn to touch a dot,
first of all,  before any square or a triangle.
I like how the eye of a small child,
the tip of their finger
and the dot,
meet.

If  on GotStory Countdown
you scroll beyond Jed Henry's dogs
and Patricia Intriago's book about dots,
you can peek inside a bit more of my work for Mini Racer including a storyboard rough.
And I just realized that it's a a neat visual conclusion;
my Dog car is a Dot car.
In fact it always was a
dotty dog car
from the word GO
as you can see below.
Thank you Joy Chu for putting dogs and dots together and making us all happy!

Character studies for Mini Racer
first sketches for Mini Racers © Bridget Strevens-Marzo with a respectful nod to Richard Scarry

2 comments:

Joy Chu said...

I love the fact we are on the same wave length. By scrolling, the viewer will "connect the dots" and discover the thread of visual delights!

Cheers,
Joy
:-)

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye. Thank you very much.